I am managing the following search for a startup in Seattle, WA. We are seeking a talented developer with opensource expertise and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup! Telecommuting and/or contracting are not
options for Yapta; and relocation from inside the US will be
Lead Software Engineer
You will be responsible for the technical leadership of the company's products and services. This includes setting the technical direction in partnership with the management team, leading the engineering effort by designing, implementing and shipping high quality software and services, collaborating with other team members, including PMs, engineers, operations and the management team, managing a team of engineers, helping recruit high quality engineering and technical talent and serving as a strong advocate for the company's technical vision. Leadership through example will be the cornerstone of this role; this role is one part technical leadership, one part software engineering, and one part engineering mentorship.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design/architect Yapta's major systems and application software solutions utilizing current and emerging platforms and technologies.
- Be Yapta's technical expert for all major systems , applications and projects that have a central impact on Yapta's business and product roadmap.
- Provide technical leadership in evaluating, understanding and integrating various 3rd party software solutions, including GDS platforms, mid-office systems, off-the-shelf reporting solutions etc.
- Responsible for software architecture leadership, including assessment of current limitations and issues, proposing new approaches and methodologies, and driving development/implementation of the aforementioned solutions with the Yapta engineering team.
- Prepare technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural documentation for all of Yapta's major systems and applications.
- Provide technical mentorship for Yapta engineers.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of delivering large-scale projects.
- Solid knowledge of emerging platforms and technologies, operating system principles and programming best practices.
- Experience with networking, multi-threaded applications, interprocess communication, and complex software development.
- Experience assessing, scaling and improving performance of high volume systems and applications.
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills; technical, project and personnel.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
Please apply here