Programming Forums
User Name Password Register

RSS Feed
FORUM INDEX | TODAY'S POSTS | UNANSWERED THREADS | ADVANCED SEARCH

Old Apr 1st, 2016, 6:44 AM   #1
StarTrekCafe
Programmer

cannot import txt files into a table for sql management studio express 2014 64 bit

hi. a blind it student, and now trying to import a text file into sql server 2014 64 bit express. i use a screen reader jaws for windows from http://www.freedomscientific.com, and using windows 10 64 bit pro on a toshiba satellite pro laptop. will paste the report file and the table below. says the file could not be opened, does it need to be opened. did able to import this when i had windows 8.1 last year and got my certificate iv programming from http://www.upskilled.edu.au. can any one help me out. what stupid thing am i not doing right. also did try the bulk import, but had mismatch errors. and then rolled back to windows 7 from windows 8.1, and then upgraded to windows 10. can any one help. will paste the report and the table below. any help. marvin from australia. SQL Server Import and Export Wizard
Initializing Data Flow Task Operation stopped...

- Initializing Data Flow Task (Success)

- Initializing Connections (Success)

- Setting SQL Command (Success)

- Setting Source Connection (Success)

- Setting Destination Connection (Success)

- Validating (Success)
* Warning 0x80049304: Data Flow Task 1: Warning: Could not open global shared memory to communicate with performance DLL; data flow performance counters are not available. To resolve, run this package as an administrator, or on the system's console.
(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

- Prepare for Execute (Success)

- Pre-execute (Error)
* Information 0x402090dc: Data Flow Task 1: The processing of file "C:\DailyNames.txt" has started.

* Information 0x402090dc: Data Flow Task 1: The processing of file "C:\DailyNames.txt" has started.

* Warning 0x80070005: Data Flow Task 1: Access is denied.

* Error 0xc020200e: Data Flow Task 1: Cannot open the datafile "C:\DailyNames.txt".

* Error 0xc004701a: Data Flow Task 1: Destination - DailyNames_txt failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC020200E.

- Executing (Success)

- Copying to C:\DailyNames.txt (Stopped)

- Post-execute (Stopped)
* Information 0x402090dd: Data Flow Task 1: The processing of file "C:\DailyNames.txt" has ended.

* Information 0x402090dd: Data Flow Task 1: The processing of file "C:\DailyNames.txt" has ended.

* Information 0x4004300b: Data Flow Task 1: "Destination - DailyNames_txt" wrote 0 rows.
StarTrekCafe is offline   Reply With Quote