Programming Forums
User Name Password Register

RSS Feed
FORUM INDEX | TODAY'S POSTS | UNANSWERED THREADS | ADVANCED SEARCH

Old Mar 10th, 2015, 9:38 PM   #1
StarTrekCafe
Programmer

C# windows forms programming project help

hi. a blind programming student doing the certificate iv programming from http://www.upskilled.edu.au. not asking for any one to do this, just need some help and advice. using c # and visual studio community edition 2013, using the jaws for windows screen reader, http://www.freedomscientific.com. using windows 8.1 64 bit enterprise on a toshiba satellite pro laptop. the program is to click on a load data button, which loads a csv file into a data grid. then you can edit the data. then click on the save data file, to save the csv file. then you click the toolbar and a new form opens, closes the currrent form. a list box and a button, to then select an item and then sort the list box. then you click the button, and this form closes and returns to the parent form, and gets focus to the first edit field of the data grid. and then sorts the array on the data grid, with those items. now. wondering, if some one experienced, could have a look at my code and see if it looks okay. have not done this sort of thing since i did some thing, sort of similar but a different project and then using visual basic 2008. and was using an access database 2003. so. if any one can help me out my e-mail is startrekcafe@gmail.com. if any aussies or kiwis on here or people from asia, similar time zone. i am in adelaide, south australia, australia, cdt time zone. so, if any one can help. e-mail me privately off forum, and then can then upload to send space. will also send the documentation and the assignment details, plus my project. and also see if the gui looks okay, tell me what sizes i need to put in, location, as the properties, work well with jaws in c #. so, if any one can help, let me know, and suggest if better way of how to code, and then maybe point me to articles, or maybe code block examples. not to do that, have worked my way through all the materials. just need reassurance, or confirmation. if i need to fix things. not to build or compile. to just have a look at the gui and my code. if any one can help, let me know. thanks for your help. then i have till march 31 to hand it up. then the last bit of the assignment is to create a user manual, and documentation, using what code blocks, etc. and also looking to publish the application, once free of errros and working. have got two data sets, loaded in visual studio. if any one can help, let me know. thanks. marvin from adelaide, australia.
StarTrekCafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2015, 12:07 AM   #2
StarTrekCafe
Programmer

Re: C# windows forms programming project help

hi. doing another assignment, got a pass for the first assignment. and so have modified it to add a save dialog box, and to have two buttons, one called
Current Count and On Order. when you click the buttons, supposed to bring up two style sheets, and have named them. but i am getting an error. they cannot
be found. so why? any ideas. looked at the documentation, and followed the example, and then typed it up, and just added my two xml and xsl documents,
in the same folder as the project, but not in the same folder as the visual studio files. did try putting them in the documents folder. but no luck, when
i click on the On Order or Current Count Button. they are supposed to highlight the data grid column in a different background, foregound colour and font.
will go and paste the code for the click events. any one got any ideas. and also need some one sighted, as a totally blind person, if the buttons, look
fine, or the grid. as cannot see, and my screen reader jaws, cannot read graphics, unless labled, and the background and foreground colour. it can tell
me the font information. any one able to help me out, and how to get it to not chrash. tried it in debug and release mode in windows explorer and run the
program. works fine. opens a open dialog box, opens the file, goes to the data grid, the save dialog box opens up, saves it, and warns me, overiding in
the same place, able to select an item in the combo box and sorts it in the correct place and sorts it alphabetically in the data grid column. so, any
ideas. thanks. Marvin.

ps: pasting the error log, and will paste the two button click events.

WoodStocks

¬*¬*¬* private void btnCurrentCount_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
¬*¬*¬* {

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform xslTransformer =new System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform();
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* xslTransformer.Load("CurrentCount.xsl");
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* xslTransformer.Transform("CurrentCount.xml", "CurrentCount.xsl");
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* }

¬*¬*¬* // This function will display the¬* On Order data grid column¬* to change the style sheet for this click event.

¬*¬*¬* private void btnOnOrder_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
¬*¬*¬* {

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform xslTransformer = new System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform();
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* xslTransformer.Load("OnOrder.xsl");
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* xslTransformer.Transform("OnOrder.xml", "OnOrder.xsl");
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* }

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Apr 27th, 2015, 4:10 AM   #3
pritaeas
mod_pritaeas

Have you tried putting the files in the same folder as the executable?
pritaeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2015, 8:00 PM   #4
StarTrekCafe
Programmer

hi. i want to thank everyone for helping me, putting in the right direction, not doing it for me. got passes for the two c # programming projects, and also the styles c # project. also got a pass for sql server database querying and implementing. thanks.